Saturday, October 31, 2009

"Welcome back winter once again...

...And put on your warm fuzzy sweater,
Cuz you'll feel much better when

The snowflakes fall, gently to the ground,
The temperature drops, and your shivers freeze all the rivers around,
But I keep you warm."

except it doesn't snow in westwood. and i dont keep anybody warm because im always cold.
but it's ok. because the new owl city album makes me really happy. and warm inside even though it's singing about glaciers, and icebergs, and skating from maine to nebraska and on to alaska.

and usually i dont like fan made videos to songs i like. but i think this one or rather, the videos by this person are an exception. take a look for yourself. so creative!


and so are the lyrics. and go listen to the rest of the album. it's quite frankly...amazing. i had the hardest time picking just one song again from the album but i ultimately settled for this one because its almost time to change my clock back and that means winter is coming and this song reminded me of that! but here lyrics:

"Welcome back, Winter once again,
And put on your warm fuzzy sweater,
Cuz you'll feel much better when

The snowflakes fall, gently to the ground,
The temperature drops, and your shivers freeze all the rivers around,
But I keep you warm

If speed's a pro,
Inertia must be a con,
Cuz the cold wind blows at precise rates,
When I've got my ice skates on

If all the roads,
Were paved with ice that wouldn't thaw or crack,
I could skate from Maine to Nebraska,
Then on to Alaska and back,
Cuz you keep me warm

Peer over the edge,
Can you see me?,
Rivulets flow from your eyes,
Paint runs from your mouth,
Like a waterfall,
And your lungs crystalize

I'll travel the sub-zero tundra,
I'll brave glaciers and frozen lakes,
And that's just the tip of the iceberg,
I'll do whatever it takes,
To change

Farewell powdery paradise,
We'd rather skate on the finished ice,
Fingers failed us before they froze,
Frostbite bit down on all our toes

Snow drifts build up and enfold us,
As we wait out this winter storm,
So we snuggle close in the darkness,
And keep each other so warm"

Owl City-The Tip of the Iceberg

thats all for now!
~Cally

2 comments:

  1. "except it doesn't snow in westwood. and i dont keep anybody warm because im always cold." hahah, that made me laugh!

    ahh the video is so adorable. and so is the song! i love the lyrics AHHHH! haha. Cally can you please give me the songs? ><;

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAhha whoa! that vid is way cool 8]

    ppreetty creative... dang I wonder how long it took to make that. hahah

    it's okay calvin. I'm always cold too. people think i'm crazy. hahah :]

    ReplyDelete